Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Exciting news to share, part 1!

 

This has been such and exciting month for me so far - my birthday on the 3rd, back to school on the 4th, and now I'm honored to be featured in Family Fun magazine's September issue! As if that isn't enough, I also just received my copies of a collaborative art book that I helped illustrate, along with a group of art teachers, called "If Picasso Went to the Zoo" - the second in a series of "If Picasso..." books. More about the book in part two of this post later in the week :).
The September issue of Family Fun includes an article called "Meet a Maker" and shares tips for parents about bringing out the creativity in children. I have been a fan of this magazine since my kids were young and am so glad to be a contributor. My son is now an 8th grader and my daughter Kinsey starts her freshman year in college this week - wish me luck as I send her on her new adventure!
sniff sniff
Thanks for sharing in my good news celebration and I'll be back with more very soon - we're having a fun first week.

3 comments:

  1. Hope, you have been busy!!! Congrats on the book and magazine article! Well deserved recognition! :) p.s. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see this issue on the table at one of Phoebe's appointments this week :) I almost stuffed it in my bag, but decided that would be selfish. So cool to see you published!! You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened the magazine at a doctor's visit and felt so excited for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very appreciated - thanks for stopping by!